Number Of Visitors

Thursday, October 21, 2010

English Confusing???

One Word Changes The Meaning..




Eight different meanings by placing ONE WORD in all possible positions in the sentence: "I hit him in the eye yesterday."



The word is "ONLY".

Hmm, sounds interesting?? Let's take a look it...



=> ONLY I hit him in the eye yesterday. (No one else did.)

=> I ONLY hit him in the eye yesterday. (Did not slap him.)

=> I hit ONLY him in the eye yesterday. (I did not hit others.)

=> I hit him ONLY in the eye yesterday. (I did not hit outside the eye.)

=> I hit him in ONLY the eye yesterday. (No other organs.)

=> I hit him in the ONLY eye yesterday. (He doesn't have another eye.)

=> I hit him in the eye ONLY yesterday. (Not today.)

=> I hit him in the eye yesterday ONLY. (Did not wait for today.)

No comments:

Post a Comment